The Cohousing Institute Forums 2024 Cohousing Conference Forum Add-On Visit to Heartwood Cohousing?

• Add-On Visit to Heartwood Cohousing?

Posted by Mac Thomson on May 15, 2024 at 1:39 pm

Heartwood Cohousing is nestled in the Rocky Mountains of Southwest Colorado. We’re an established community of 24 homes (move in was in 2000). In general, homes are hard to come by at Heartwood, but we’re adding a long-planned-for “Phase 2” with 14 new homes in 2025. This is a unique opportunity to get the benefits of a new home in a well established community.

It’s a rural setting – our homes are clustered on about 10 acres, surrounded by 350 acres of community land. We have a peaceful oh-so-quiet environment, tucked away in one of the most beautiful spots on earth. Southwest Colorado is where the majestic San Juan Mountains meet the great southwest desert… and we’ve got one of the best climates in the country.

Heartwood is a close knit, rural community where we have nature right outside our door. The night sky is breathtaking – you may never have seen stars like we enjoy every night. It’s quiet. The soundscape is mostly birds, insects, and the wind in the trees – except when you hear the kids playing on the SS Ponderosa play structure.

We enjoy 360 acres of community land with 7 miles of walking trails through Piñon, Juniper, and Ponderosa forest. 300+ days of sunshine and a four season climate invites outdoor adventures year round. We have amazing access to hiking, camping, climbing, mountain biking, skiing (cross country and alpine), snowshoeing, sledding, and more – all are either either right here on our land or just a short drive away.

If all of this sounds appealing to you and you are looking for a new home in community, there’s a unique opportunity for you to come visit for a few days after the conference. We can accommodate maybe two or three people, depending on circumstances. Heartwood is located about six hours from Denver. I will be driving to the conference and could potentially give a few people a ride back to Heartwood for a visit. (You would have to arrange for your own transportation back to Denver or to your home.)

If you’re interested, let me know ASAP. First come, first served. You can respond to this post or better yet, send me an email (macthomson@mac.com) or give me a call (nine-seven-zero-903-9751).

Mac Thomson replied 3 months, 3 weeks ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.